WE STAND on the shoulders of Episcopalians who shared the gospel in a Victoria house church beginning in 1848. Formally organized in 1869, Trinity Episcopal Church constructed its first building at Liberty and Goodwin Streets. In 1885, a new building was erected at Forrest and Bridge Streets. By the early 1950’s the congregation had outgrown these buildings, and the present site on Glass Street was purchased. The parish hall and education wing were completed in 1954 and the nave in 1961.
TODAY TRINITY IS BLESSED with a beautiful spacious campus from which we reach out to the community and beyond. An important part of that work is the parish school established in 1954. Trinity Episcopal School serves pre-kindergarten through 8th grade students by providing quality education in a Christian environment and is a major outreach of the Parish.
HOLY SPACE dedicated for the worship of God is important. However, the Church is in reality His people, the true dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. His people also are His hands, called to carry on Jesus’ work of healing reconciliation and service. We give thanks to those who have gone before us for their foresight and good stewardship. We look forward with great anticipation to the mission of sharing God’s love and the Good News as we serve His people in the future.
Trinity Episcopal Church Tour Guide Book originally published in 1961 following the completion of the current sanctuary, looks back to the formation of our church and its history up to that point. In addition to a history of the church, a catalog of Gifts and Memorials and an explanation of special features of the church, it also offers readers a tour of the church and explanation of the many symbols throughout the facilities. This is a scanned copy of the originally publication.